Old October 28th 11, 02:59 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.energy.homepower
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Faulty Chinese generators....

On 10/27/2011 6:30 PM, m II wrote:

I've had it with Chinese garbage. The amount of trash they produce each
year staggers the imagination. What's even more amazing is that we
continue to buy it. 'Customer' is quickly becoming synonymous with 'Stupid'.

This is the starter solenoid from a 5kw Chinese diesel generator
(Launtop powered):

http://www.scotiabunk.com/Quality/small-1.jpg

The machine has two hours TOTAL running time. Note the quality rubber
boot. Also note the soldered connections. Those are the solenoid winding
terminations. You can NOT get at the contacts until you de-solder the
wires. I learned that when I had to clean the non-conducting starter
contacts on another, similar, Launtop machine.

This is the reason why the starter wouldn't crank the engine over:

http://www.scotiabunk.com/Quality/small-2.jpg

I'm lucky the broken piece didn't get caught in the flywheel ring gear.

This is from the socket set I used to remove the battery terminal lug
nuts with.

http://www.scotiabunk.com/Quality/small-3.jpg

Care to guess where they were made?

This particular model of Launtop generator is sold under dozens of
different names. There has been a recall on them. They have counterfeit
ISO 2001, CE and Canadian Standards Association (like UL) decals on them.

The breakers are also improperly marked. The Canadian Standards people
are doing NOTHING to help me, despite the fraudulent use of their
Trademarked logo. Launtop is also doing nothing. Red maple seems to be
conveniently out of business.

http://tinyurl.com/6zrfft

Don't buy Chinese.

mike

The evil is a bit more hidden that what you see there, on the surface.

Planned obsolescence causes you to purchase new items to replace the
old. The costs in resources, energy, oil, creation of pollution/toxins,
dumps fill with obnoxious wastes, etc. is slowly poisoning not only all
of us, but the whole planet.

The impetus should be placed on strong, durable, long lasting products,
if possible, possessions which will last a lifetime, or even be handed
down. The benefits in cost, heath and happiness would be astounding ...

Instead, we are a bunch of "moronic consumers." Trained to buy products
which wear our quickly, so we will consume more ... etc., the cycle is a
very vicious one. Not only depriving us of wealth and happiness, but
even our health and life.

To turn this absurdity of "consumerism" around, at this point, looks
like a monumental task bordering on the line of impossible!

Indeed, laws are constructed to aid in the filling of dumps, and for
questionable reasons and refusal to debate other alternatives ...

Regards,
JS