Old October 28th 11, 05:58 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.energy.homepower
Dennis[_3_] Dennis[_3_] is offline

Default Faulty Chinese generators....

[.........]

The evil is a bit more hidden that what you see there, on the surface.

Planned obsolescence causes you to purchase new items to replace the old.
The costs in resources, energy, oil, creation of pollution/toxins, dumps
fill with obnoxious wastes, etc. is slowly poisoning not only all of us,
but the whole planet.

The impetus should be placed on strong, durable, long lasting products, if
possible, possessions which will last a lifetime, or even be handed down.
The benefits in cost, heath and happiness would be astounding ...

Instead, we are a bunch of "moronic consumers." Trained to buy products
which wear our quickly, so we will consume more ... etc., the cycle is a
very vicious one. Not only depriving us of wealth and happiness, but even
our health and life.

To turn this absurdity of "consumerism" around, at this point, looks like
a monumental task bordering on the line of impossible!

Indeed, laws are constructed to aid in the filling of dumps, and for
questionable reasons and refusal to debate other alternatives ...

Regards,
JS

It was hard rubbish collection time in our suburb this week.

The verges were lined with working TVs - everyone has upgraded to cheap
LCD/Plasma. The other things that stuck out were hooded BBQ's. Almost every
third or fourth house had one out the front. Cheap chinese crap rusting
away, most only a year or two old. At between $200 and $400 each its a
disgusting waste of money & resources.