Old November 23rd 11, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default JB Weld Waterweld and/or Loctite repair epoxy for dipole insulators??

"Jayson" wrote in message
I recently came across some JB Weld Waterweld and Loctite repair putty. I
have used this two part hand moldable epoxy for various indoor projects and
have met with success on a number of occasions. I am now preparing to
erect a dipole and I am wondering how well this epoxy would work for the
center/ end insulators? My main concerns are UV, weathering and of course
longitudinal strength. Anyone have experiences/ recommendations they can
share?

Thank you.

I thought that one of the parts had some powdered steel or something in it.
Anyway....make a sample and test it in the microwave.