Old December 12th 11, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D. Peter Maus[_2_] D. Peter Maus[_2_] is offline

Default SW8 audio issue

On 12/11/11 06:05 , Brenda Ann wrote:
My SW8 has recently developed an audio issue. It plays for a few
seconds to a minute or so, then the audio just suddenly dies. I can
still get audio out the line out jack, but nothing from the speaker
or headphones. I strongly suspect the LA4555 output IC, but I would
love to be able to do some signal tracing to make sure the problem
doesn't lie further up the audio chain. Does anyone have, or know
where I can find, a schematic or service manual for the SW8?

It occurs to me, if you know the pinout on the suspect IC, you can
trace out the path back to the detectors, or at least the preamp,
and do your diagnostics, anyway.

A long way to go, but at least a start.