Old December 21st 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KB2ZGN KB2ZGN is offline

Default Off Topic Furnace Question ??

I only just saw your post this afternoon, but before you replace the timer
board, check to see
if there is a limit switch in the blower compartment, and see if there is a
reset for it. If this doesn't work, connect a jumper across it and see if that
works. If that doesn't do the trick, look for other limit switches and do the
same for those. You may not need to replace the timer board after all.

Let us know what you find out please.

Bob KB2ZGN

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:47:38 -0500, " Tuuk" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for all the advice. And I have tried all those. I took the condensing
fan blower out and cleaned out that housing behind it and re-siliconed it.
It did have some gunk in there but not enough to cause a clog. But now that
is clean and when I reinstalled it the exact same thing happened. What is
troubling me is that even if the thermost wires are disconnected from that
board what happens is both man blower and exhast blower simply are the only
things that run. Instantly. No sequence of events eg blower starting, then
ignigters starting then main blower after heat exchangers heats up. None of
that. I jumped that float switch and those vacume hoses I sucked and blew
through them and I can hear the switches working, but same thing happens,
nothing happens with that honeywell smart valve, no gas. I checked all the
intake air pipes and exhaust pipes, nothing clogging. While everything leads
me to believe it is the board so I bought another for 80 dollars and will
replace that board today. I will take a photo of the board and one by one
replace those wired and connections and try that. I was hitting those relays
on the board and still nothing.

Seems some are upset because of my posts of my antenna and my sauna and
garden,,,, well coincedently enough I have in my basement the sauna and
steam bath thing I also installed and it was that very night that me and the
missis were steaming it up in the sauna and steam bath and I think maybe
there was moisture in the air that evening as that was the evening it
failed.

To answer a question about the lights, my friend's furnace has the idiot
lights where it blinks signifying what has failed, mine has no lights on
that board, I think mine was the model before his, mine is about ten years
old. I am going to replace this main fan relay board and see if that solves
the problem, I can return the board if the same problem remains and start
replacing the next part after that until something works right. I replaced
the thermostat with the old one and same problem.

Thanks for the advice and tips. As I have said, I know there is a lot of
knowledge in this group, I have benefited from it before and will again, as
my server doesn't have active newsgroups like HVAC or Furnace or any of the
other crazy things I have asked about. Lots of knowledge here, thanks. And i
cannot wait until someone asks a question about their furnace, or their
sauna rocks, or their tower, or their garden,,, because I will be the first
to answer.

73