Old January 8th 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Yaesu Question on topic???

Tuuk wrote:

Another side question, do you know a online dealer who sells replacement
batteries for that? I would like the FNB 27 with NMHD. I did a search and
found some that were 40 or 50 dollars plus shipping. If someone knows a
trustworthy source that is economical please let me know the link, thanks

IMHO it's a moot point. Buy a battery pack that takes AA batteries. The best
ones being the slow self discharge NiMH batteries. Then you can charge
it in a charger designed for AA NiMH batteries, or use an external charger
that works with the battery but charges based on the proper way of
charging NIMH batteries.

Too many chargers of that era charge by dumping power into them until they
overheat and then shut off. The result is cooked batteries. NiMH batteries
always overheat when charged that way.

New (available at least 15 years ago), stop charging when the voltage out of
the cell dips, which indicates full charge. They can be purchased cheaply
in many places.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(