Old June 15th 04, 06:21 PM
Jimmy

"aadu" wrote in message
om...
hi,

I'm planning to build a superhet receiver - for learning and for fun.
I have looked at Doug Demaw 'barebones (QST june 82)'.
Any other schematics/recommendations for first time superhet receiver

project?

thanks,
aadu

My first superhet project was a 5 tube AM rx. First was to asseble it on a
breadbord and then in the chassis. After assembly on a breadboard things
went a little crazy from there. Added rf amp, added ham band converters,bfo,
more if stages,crystal filter, Q mult,audio filters,...and so on. After
about a year there was very littleof the of 5 tube radio left on the board
andI never put this thing on a decent chassis but kept it aound for many
years of use.

Second ome was solidstate with each section of the radio built on its own
little PC board. Each section was built and tested then added to the radio
and retested. Kind of cheated on the radio because the VFO was my shop
signal generator. Radio performed well but was never as much fun as the
first for some reason.