Old June 28th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W5DXP W5DXP is offline

Default loop antennas and noise suppresion

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:17:25 AM UTC-5, Laurent Blin wrote:
Around an atom of hydrogen the electron travels at less than 1% of the
speed of light.

In a 1 mm telegraph wire carrying 3 amps of DC, an electron travels at a velocity of about one meter per hour. I can walk 3000 times faster than that. It's time to come to grips with electron particles containing mass vs speed of light functions.

I earlier said an electron traveling at the speed of light would collapse "the" universe. I should have said: collapse "its" universe.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com