Old July 4th 12, 10:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian[_5_] Ian[_5_] is offline

Default Dipole-2 different wire sizes?

"Rob" wrote in message

I think it is not productive to reply to every posting with "you are
a babbling idiot". That is not going to convince him that he is, and
it just annoys the others.

When you ask him real questions, he either does not answer or he digs up
some prehistoric finding that may have been accurate at that time, but
can easily be disproven today.

For example, his theory that an antenna acts like a vacuum diode, emitting
electrons during one phase of the HF voltage and not taking them back
during the next phase, clearly must be wrong. If it were true, an antenna
would be a nonlinear element that would cause intermodulation. As we
don't see that happen on a well-designed antenna (it *does* happen when
there are bad contacts with diode-effect in the antenna), we know that
an antenna by itself cannot be nonlinear and so there cannot be a net
flow of electrons.

He cannot dispute that so he wanders of in a different direction.

Hello Rob.
I can't answer your point about the "babbling idiot" postings as I'm not the
one who makes them.
Szczepan reminds me of an elderly relative who grew up in the 1920s when
electronics was large components on wooden baseboards. They seemed to be
developed from mechanical engineering (see if and understand it). It was a
challenge to get the relative to understand that any progress had been made
since the days of valves. Szczepan seems to have grasped electronics as
being the movement of electrons and has muddled that up with air or liquid
flow.
Initially, I hoped that a polite explanation would help him but after a few
weeks I realised that he's not capable of understanding and learning (always
assuming that he isn't an Extra Class licensee having a big laugh - which is
why I enjoy the humour in his postings).
He seems to go around in circles lasting several weeks - I think that the
thoughts in some of his recent postings are similar to ones he made a month
or more ago.

73, Ian.