Old July 30th 12, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] lawrence@gandi.cluon.com is offline

Default TM-742 on 70 MHz

Fred McKenzie writes:

I am interested in the 70 MHz band that is currently authorized in some
European countries. I understand the frequency is no longer used by the
U.S. television system, so it could be authorized here in the future as
well.

Not quite true. There is a full-power DTV station in Illinois (WHBF -
FCC Facility ID #13950) and a Class-A digital (also in Illinois) WOCK-CD
(Fac ID #35092).

There are also a handful of LP stations around the country on VHF
Channel 4 - some in analog (who will be facing the 2015 LP shutdown) and
some as LP digital.

--NK1G