Old July 20th 04, 02:39 AM
Jason Dugas

Default Elements for Cushcraft 2m Yagi

I'm looking for some good suggestions on how to replace some broken elements
on my Cushcraft A148-10 2m Yagi. They sell replacement parts, but I'm told
that its cheaper to just use some welding rods as they are just about the
same size.

I noticed that on the Cushcraft antenna the elements appear to be brazed(?)
at the center into an encapsulation. At the center of the encapsulatoin is
a hole drilled for the screw to go down through the element and into the
boom.

How do would I recreate this if I were to use homebrew elements.

Jason
KB5URQ