Old July 20th 04, 02:39 AM
Jason Dugas

Default Elements for Cushcraft 2m Yagi

I'm looking for some good suggestions on how to replace some broken elements
on my Cushcraft A148-10 2m Yagi. They sell replacement parts, but I'm told
that its cheaper to just use some welding rods as they are just about the
same size.

I noticed that on the Cushcraft antenna the elements appear to be brazed(?)
at the center into an encapsulation. At the center of the encapsulatoin is
a hole drilled for the screw to go down through the element and into the
boom.

How do would I recreate this if I were to use homebrew elements.

Jason
KB5URQ

Old July 20th 04, 01:06 PM
Highland Ham

I'm looking for some good suggestions on how to replace some broken

elements
on my Cushcraft A148-10 2m Yagi. They sell replacement parts, but I'm

told
that its cheaper to just use some welding rods as they are just about the
same size.

I noticed that on the Cushcraft antenna the elements appear to be

brazed(?)
at the center into an encapsulation. At the center of the encapsulatoin

is
a hole drilled for the screw to go down through the element and into the
boom.

How do would I recreate this if I were to use homebrew elements.

=========================
Not owning/knowing the above type of antenna ,I might not be eligible to
comment.
However from your description re welding rods and its centre being brazed
into an encapsulation , it appears to me that a welding rod is too thin to
drill a hole through ,but by sliding over a piece of (stainless ?) steel
tubing ,with inner diameter slightly larger than the diameter of the welding
rod , and brazing this in the middle of the welding rod material on both
sides (encapsulation) you get an overall larger diameter through which a
hole can be drilled.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

H.F Dish Antenna update art Antenna 14 December 21st 04 12:31 AM
Yagi, OWA and Wideband Yagi etc etc Richard Antenna 4 June 14th 04 01:48 PM
ideal shape of Yagi elements Dan Jacobson Antenna 14 April 5th 04 09:22 PM
Shortened 2m yagi elements George Antenna 0 March 16th 04 12:27 AM
Quad vs Yagi (or log) Thierry Antenna 23 February 18th 04 08:38 PM