Old November 29th 12, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default anyone familiar with Kenwood RZ-1 and a failure mode?

The Kenwood RZ-1 was a great little car radio sized unit
which fit into a standard DIN frame and received 500 khz
through 905 mhz. Oh, and while no longer useful, even had
a video output...

I recently found mine which had been in a box for, umm,
well let's just say I'd have to take off my shoes to
count that high (and you don't want to be anywhere near
me if I do that...) years.

It still functions well, except for one very big problem.
The display, on a scale of one to ten, is about 0.5. In
other words, just about completely unlit.

Now what I'm hoping is that this can be fixed by, for
example, replacing the "lifetime" battery that's buried
somewhere in the unit. Or possibly some other plausable
bit of elbow grease.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks muchly.