Old September 3rd 04, 02:06 PM
G.Beat

"allen" wrote in message
what are you looking for ?

http://www.allcorp.com
http://www.surplussales.com

allen

"G.Beat" wrote:

Are there any surplus stores left in Monmouth County area? Red Bank,
etc.
??

Seems like most of the mfg. is gone from that area of NJ

w9gb

Allen -

I am very aware of the surplus stores that are mail order and that have
store fronts in various parts of the US (e.g. MECI - Dayton; Fair Radio -
Lima; tons in California).

I visit the Northern NJ area on a regular basis and wondered if any surplus
operation (walk-in) existed since the area I pointed out is next to Fort
Monmouth - which has grown over past 10 years -- and was largely radio and
communications oriented when I toured it in mid-1990s. This area is also
former mfg. location for EAC (division of Hammerlund) that built the R-290A
receiver during the Vietnam war era and several RCA and Bell Labs/Lucent
facilities were scattered from this area to the Easton/Allentown, PA area.

My first though is that any surplus operation has closed - in favor of
tourist ventures associated with "Jersey Shore" -- but I asked.

GB