Old September 2nd 04, 03:25 AM
G.Beat

Default Surplus stores in NJ

Are there any surplus stores left in Monmouth County area? Red Bank, etc.
??

Seems like most of the mfg. is gone from that area of NJ

w9gb

Old September 2nd 04, 03:40 PM
allen

what are you looking for ?

http://www.allcorp.com
http://www.surplussales.com

allen

Old September 3rd 04, 02:06 PM
G.Beat

"allen" wrote in message
what are you looking for ?

http://www.allcorp.com
http://www.surplussales.com

allen

"G.Beat" wrote:

Are there any surplus stores left in Monmouth County area? Red Bank,
etc.
??

Seems like most of the mfg. is gone from that area of NJ

w9gb

Allen -

I am very aware of the surplus stores that are mail order and that have
store fronts in various parts of the US (e.g. MECI - Dayton; Fair Radio -
Lima; tons in California).

I visit the Northern NJ area on a regular basis and wondered if any surplus
operation (walk-in) existed since the area I pointed out is next to Fort
Monmouth - which has grown over past 10 years -- and was largely radio and
communications oriented when I toured it in mid-1990s. This area is also
former mfg. location for EAC (division of Hammerlund) that built the R-290A
receiver during the Vietnam war era and several RCA and Bell Labs/Lucent
facilities were scattered from this area to the Easton/Allentown, PA area.

My first though is that any surplus operation has closed - in favor of
tourist ventures associated with "Jersey Shore" -- but I asked.

GB

Old September 3rd 04, 10:21 PM
K7MEM

G.Beat wrote:

"allen" wrote in message

what are you looking for ?

http://www.allcorp.com
http://www.surplussales.com

allen

"G.Beat" wrote:

[...]

It's been a very long time since I have been over that way. I use
to go by Ft. Monmouth every day on my way to Monmouth College, now
known as Monmouth University. At the time, which was 1967 - 1970,
there was a great surplus store just a block from the entrance to
Ft. Monmouth. It was kind of off the the right and up a side street,
but it wasn't too hard to find. I bought a fully functional BC-457
for $5 there.

But I digress. Why don't you ask the guys in the Ocean-Monmouth
Amateur Radio Club, which has a web page at "http://www.qsl.net/n2mo".
I'm sure there must be a email address of someone who can answer
your question. If they don't know, then probably no one knows.

--
Martin - K7MEM
http://www/k7mem.150m.comf