Old March 25th 13, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] Reinhard Zwirner[_2_] is offline

Default Using an active antenna as a passive antenna... is it a goodidea?

Amer schrieb:
Hello all,
This question clearly says that RF is not my strong suit.
Can I use an active antenna as a passive antenna simply by not supplying power to it?

Of course you can! But you'll be disappointed as to performace/
sensitivity of the antenna. I'm convinced a simple wire which is a
few feet long will be a better choice.

HTH

Reinhard