Old December 17th 03, 10:27 PM
Wedgew

I put one up in my bedroom to listen to broadcast shortwave I am
surprized how well it picks seems better in the 20 to 40 meter bands I
am using a preselector (MFJ-956) The slinky is deployed with one leg
north south and the other east west each side about 12 feet. I startd
out with it connected to a grundig yb-400 then bought a used icom ic-71r
I got so interested that I enrolled ina class and just took the test 2
weeks ago and was issued KC2MGJ by the FCC I'm looking at 2m rigs
currently (costly hobby)
The slinky antenna performed better than I thought it would. almost as
good as my outdoor g5rv Jr. (63 ft)
73's de KC2MGJ

JDer8745 wrote:
Greetings,

I would like to hear from (ON THE LIST) anyone currently using a slinky
antenna, either homebrew or the commercial variety.

Just tell me how you use it, on what bands, etc.

Thanks in advance. Let's say we cut the thread off at, say 10^4, responses.

73 de Jack, K9CUN

--
OK!
What GeNiuS pUt thE CaPlocK KEy

Seek not to confound me as I am dim-witted and slow of study.

" Molon Labe!" ~Spartan General-King Leonidas