Old April 13th 13, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default radials

My error -- I thought it was one of the LDG verticals! Yours is different.
I'll see if
I can find something on it for you.

Irv VE6BP

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
If you go to http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/16
you will be able to select and download the manual for your antenna.

Irv VE6BP

"Jeff Arrowsmith" wrote in message
On Friday, April 12, 2013 1:56:50 PM UTC+1, Jeff Arrowsmith wrote:
hi folk's, sorry to sound a bit thick but can anybody tell me where i
connect the radials to an sv9 vertical, i have put around 54 around my
lawn, i have a stub post about 3ft high. The actual antenna bracket is 18
ins from ground as per instructions,will it make any difference ? being
that the stub post is only 3ft from ground or would it be better up about
10 ft high. thanks jeff m3lwg

hi again paul, sorry i got it wrong, an old brain thing hi hi, the antenna
is a
SANDPIPER V9 MK 3 what i have tried is attaching a wire from the radials
to the outside of the pl259 with a hose clip. so i will have to wait to
find out if its better with them, the thing that confuses me is according
to the ins, you attach the radials to the bracket,but the bracket is
insulated from the main vertical part of the antenna, all it is really is
an aluminium pole with the inside core of the coax attached to it with an
so239 fitting. with different freq whips attached . thank's for your time
and patience jeff.