Old May 1st 13, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default DX-100 or Apache?

Brian Burns wrote:

I'm looking for an AM/CW rig in the 100 watt class, and may have a choice between a Heath DX-100 and a Heath Apache. In looking at the specs I could find on the two, the Apache looks like the better choice. What do you think?

Well, the Apache will send SSB, which is a good feature to have, whereas
the DX-100 won't. On the other hand, the DX-100 is much simpler, as a result.

But I would pick whichever of the two is factory-wired. If they were both
built as kits, I'd pick the one that has the best-looking solder joints.
--scott