Old July 5th 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RF Collins RF Collins is offline

Default Voice of Greece

dxAce wrote in
:

RF Collins wrote:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7
at my location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due
to adjacent utility station. Wonder how much power they are
running...

Running about S7 here on my 70' N-S wire with very little
interference, however, if I switch to the 200' W-E wire the
interference jumps up substantially. Listening in AM mode, 6 kHz
filter on the Drake R8.

Checked again at 2245 UTC. Now signal is up to 20dB over S9 on 9420 kHz
and same program on 11645 weak. Nothing heard on 15630 kHz.

Jim (MI)