Old July 5th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Voice of Greece

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7 at my
location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due to adjacent
utility station. Wonder how much power they are running...

Jim (MI)
Old July 5th 13, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RF Collins wrote in
:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7
at my location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due to
adjacent utility station. Wonder how much power they are running...

Jim (MI)

Made my day. They played the interval signal at 2100 UTC.

Jim (MI)
Old July 5th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RF Collins wrote:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7 at my
location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due to adjacent
utility station. Wonder how much power they are running...

According to Aoki, http://www1.m2.mediacat.ne.jp/binews/use/bia13.txt they
run 170 kW.

Old July 5th 13, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote in :

RF Collins wrote:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7
at my location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due
to adjacent utility station. Wonder how much power they are
running...

According to Aoki,
http://www1.m2.mediacat.ne.jp/binews/use/bia13.txt they run 170 kW.

They were off the air for a short time, then back on possibly via Spain.

http://swling.com/blog/2013/06/the-v...e-air-then-on/

What I know for sure is: Now sounds like about 10 Kw / only heard on one
frequency / and online stream is still down.

Jim (MI)
Old July 5th 13, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RF Collins wrote:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7 at my
location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due to adjacent
utility station. Wonder how much power they are running...

Running about S7 here on my 70' N-S wire with very little interference,
however, if I switch to the 200' W-E wire the interference jumps up
substantially. Listening in AM mode, 6 kHz filter on the Drake R8.

Old July 5th 13, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote in
:

RF Collins wrote:

Greek music on 9420 kHz. At least they are on the air. About an S4-S7
at my location at 2030 UTC on the dipole. Have to listen in USB due
to adjacent utility station. Wonder how much power they are
running...

Running about S7 here on my 70' N-S wire with very little
interference, however, if I switch to the 200' W-E wire the
interference jumps up substantially. Listening in AM mode, 6 kHz
filter on the Drake R8.

Checked again at 2245 UTC. Now signal is up to 20dB over S9 on 9420 kHz
and same program on 11645 weak. Nothing heard on 15630 kHz.

Jim (MI)

Voice of Greece on 15.630 Gregg Shortwave 0 July 11th 10 12:18 PM
Voice Of Greece 7.450 [email protected] Shortwave 0 July 11th 08 02:25 AM
Voice of Greece Steve Shortwave 4 July 6th 06 11:06 PM
Voice of Greece [email protected] Shortwave 2 October 3rd 05 02:00 AM
Voice of Greece? Mark Zenier Shortwave 2 May 30th 05 11:10 PM