Old July 9th 13, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default 300 ohm twinlead antenna.

W5DXP wrote:
On Monday, July 8, 2013 11:41:47 AM UTC-5, Wayne wrote:
OK, after correcting the error in my EZNEC model parameters, the results
were too weird to have significance.

Here's a zipped EZNEC file model of an 80m folded dipole.

http://www.w5dxp.com/80mFD.zip

Thanks, but my whole point was that it was not a folded dipole. It was an
end fed random (or 1/4 wavelength) wire connected to another 1/4 wavelength
wire at the far end, making it a 1/2 wavelength wire.

BUT since it is twinlead the 1/4 wavelength wires would be very tightly
capacitively coupled, which may between the capacitance and the poximity
make it not a 1/2 wavelength wire.

It was a thought to get another band out of a stretch of twinlead. Short the
far end. At the frequency it was 1/2 wavelength, use it as an end fed
wire with the near end shorted, and at half of that, use it as a 1/2
wavelength wire with the near end opened.

It does not seem that it will work that way.

Geoff.

It's Spring here in Jerusalem!!!