Old July 15th 13, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default NiCAD battery pack feature?

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:21:25 -0700, garyr wrote:
The 18 volt battery for my hedge trimmer has died. I took the pack apart to
check on the size of the batteries and found something strange. Cemented to
the top and bottom of the batteries is a layer about one-half millimeter
thick of what appears to be layers of thin films. The films are flakey,
somewhat like mica, and have a metallic appearance.

Any idea what that might be?

Photo?