Old August 26th 13, 05:43 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spike[_2_] Spike[_2_] is offline

Default Crystal phasing & single signal reception

On 26/08/13 14:40, Percy Picacity wrote:

The direct implication......is that licensed amateurs should be retested regularly for the
same reason. In any case, I cannot think of any way in which the
requirements have become more onerous or significantly different;
rather the reverse.

About 3 years ago someone kindly posted in link to the sample paper on
the IRTS site - the 60 questions in 2 hours one.

I finished in 20 minutes with a score of 90%, let down through two
arithmetical errors and a lack of familiarity with the EI licence
conditions.

A real exam would have got me a HAREC, and the club-administered Morse
test would be simplicity itself. Two-letter EI call in prospect?

If regular re-testing was brought in, just think of the thousands of
lifetime FLs that would fail - but it won't happen, the income stream's
too much of a draw.

--
Spike