Old January 24th 14, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default DX Test Scheduled KCKM

On 01/23/2014 12:33 PM, dxAce wrote:
Bob Souza, GM & Owner at KCKM 1330 Monahans, Texas has agreed to do a DX test
for us DX'ers.

Here are the details:

Date: Saturday March 22nd, 2014 from 12AM to 12:30AM Central time
(Friday night into Saturday Morning)

The test will be be at full daytime power and pattern... 12,000 Watts Non
Directional into a 5/8th wave tower.

The test will consist mainly of morse code, sweep tones and sound effects
known to cut through the mud. There will be a few voice announcements
spread out through out the 30 minute test.

Bob prefers reports sent by email, but will accept snail mailed
submissions. If you send an email, please send MP3 attachments only, WAV
files would be too big.

Emails would be sent to

Snail mail reports can be sent with a CD or cassette cued up to the best
part of the reception. The mailing address is: PO Box 990, Monahans TX
79756.

Bob has said a verification post card will be sent. I encourage you to send
just a single stamp to help defray the cost of the postage. Bob didn't ask
for that, but I think it would be kind gesture.

If I have left anything out or anyone has questions, please email ME
directly..
I think I covered everything.

I am working on getting KGGF 690 Coffeyville, KS to do a test at its 10KW/2
tower daytime pattern.

Paul Walker
(via mwdx yahoo group)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ah, radiosport for geezers. a 12KW AM signal from Texas is now a rare catch?