Old February 17th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Antenna article

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I think I've built them backwards over the
years. Maybe that's why J-poles have such a lousy reputation and why
I think they suck?

Jeff-

Please pardon my ignorance. I understood that a J-Pole is a half wave
antenna connected to a quarter wave stub. The transmission line is
connected to a low impedance point (50 Ohms?) on the stub.

In the literature, it is usually fed as an unbalanced antenna, but it is
not. Therefore, it should not matter which side has the center
conductor or shield - they are both wrong!

Fred
K4DII