Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 14, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antenna article

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

I hate to admit it, but I think I've built them backwards over the
years. Maybe that's why J-poles have such a lousy reputation and why
I think they suck?

Jeff-

Please pardon my ignorance. I understood that a J-Pole is a half wave
antenna connected to a quarter wave stub. The transmission line is
connected to a low impedance point (50 Ohms?) on the stub.

In the literature, it is usually fed as an unbalanced antenna, but it is
not. Therefore, it should not matter which side has the center
conductor or shield - they are both wrong!

Fred
K4DII

QST antenna article jawod Antenna 8 August 19th 08 08:25 PM
Nice MW antenna article grenner Shortwave 0 June 10th 08 03:14 PM
Nice MW antenna article RHF Shortwave 0 June 10th 08 03:31 AM
Nice MW antenna article Frank Shortwave 0 June 10th 08 01:49 AM
Old ferrite rod antenna article Henry[_2_] Antenna 8 June 8th 07 11:28 PM