Old July 17th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Ten Tec Rebel

On 07/16/2014 09:53 AM, extra class wrote:
BNC now the new norm? hate using those radio shack adapters
"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 07/15/2014 11:10 AM, Steve wrote:
There's a nice review of the Ten Tec Rebel in this month's QST.

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-50...w-transceiver/

I might have to pick one up before too long. I like the whole open
source aspect of it, and it'd be fun to add an external display to
it. Price is reasonable. Looks like it would be rugged enough to take
on the trail too.

Very nice. Lots of Arduino stuff out here. Ten Tec is an American
company, spinoff from original ElectroVoice wartime electronics
manufacturing.

BNC is good to 800 MHz. PL-259s are for CB radio. Best would be type N
but you need a good crimper and dies.