Old July 15th 14, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ten Tec Rebel

There's a nice review of the Ten Tec Rebel in this month's QST.

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-50...w-transceiver/

I might have to pick one up before too long. I like the whole open source aspect of it, and it'd be fun to add an external display to it. Price is reasonable. Looks like it would be rugged enough to take on the trail too.
Old July 16th 14, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 07/15/2014 11:10 AM, Steve wrote:
There's a nice review of the Ten Tec Rebel in this month's QST.

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-50...w-transceiver/

I might have to pick one up before too long. I like the whole open source aspect of it, and it'd be fun to add an external display to it. Price is reasonable. Looks like it would be rugged enough to take on the trail too.

Very nice. Lots of Arduino stuff out here. Ten Tec is an American
company, spinoff from original ElectroVoice wartime electronics
manufacturing.

Old July 17th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 07/16/2014 09:53 AM, extra class wrote:
BNC now the new norm? hate using those radio shack adapters
"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 07/15/2014 11:10 AM, Steve wrote:
There's a nice review of the Ten Tec Rebel in this month's QST.

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-50...w-transceiver/

I might have to pick one up before too long. I like the whole open
source aspect of it, and it'd be fun to add an external display to
it. Price is reasonable. Looks like it would be rugged enough to take
on the trail too.

Very nice. Lots of Arduino stuff out here. Ten Tec is an American
company, spinoff from original ElectroVoice wartime electronics
manufacturing.

BNC is good to 800 MHz. PL-259s are for CB radio. Best would be type N
but you need a good crimper and dies.
Old July 17th 14, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, dave wrote:

On 07/16/2014 09:53 AM, extra class wrote:
BNC now the new norm? hate using those radio shack adapters
"dave" wrote in message
m...
On 07/15/2014 11:10 AM, Steve wrote:
There's a nice review of the Ten Tec Rebel in this month's QST.

http://www.tentec.com/rebel-model-50...w-transceiver/

I might have to pick one up before too long. I like the whole open
source aspect of it, and it'd be fun to add an external display to
it. Price is reasonable. Looks like it would be rugged enough to take
on the trail too.

Very nice. Lots of Arduino stuff out here. Ten Tec is an American
company, spinoff from original ElectroVoice wartime electronics
manufacturing.

BNC is good to 800 MHz. PL-259s are for CB radio. Best would be type N but
you need a good crimper and dies.

It's worth adding that when UHF connectors came along, "UHF" meant
anything above about 28MHz. I may not have the timeline right, but there
was a time when the 10metre amateur band was labelled "UHF" and of course
it gradually moved up in frequency, as did use of the higher frequencies.

BNC if nothing else is just so much easier to attach. Press and twist, no
fussing with tightening an outer part. I even find type-f connectors a
bother, all that tightening.

A few years ago I found endless BNC connectors in a pile of junk on the
sidewalk, hundreds. The sad part is, most of them were male. Otherwise,
I'd start using BNC as a more universal connector. I'd much rather have
BNC than phone connectors, cost aside.

Michael

FA: Connex Rebel HP NEW! Johnny T. CB 1 October 21st 08 10:18 PM
FS: NEW CANON REBEL 2000 35mm SLR Galaxyelc Swap 0 February 15th 04 12:51 PM
FS: CANNON REBEL 2000 35mm SLR(NEW) Galaxyelc Swap 0 July 25th 03 11:23 AM