Old July 24th 14, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default For shame!

It is a great pity that adult discussion within this NG is being steadily
eroded by those children who seem incapable of debating without
injecting nasty personal comments, either because of their habituation,
or else because they have an axe to grind over some personal grudge.

I moved over to this NG in part in order to escape the infantile antics
of many in uk.radio.amateur, as I believe have two or three before me,
but the deranged obsession of some from ura means that they
have followed me here.

I have been a subscriber to Usenet for 20 years, and in that time have never
been
the originator of unpleasant remarks and attitudes and have consistently
spoken up
for my support of the traditions of amateur radio, that of gentlemanly
conduct and
technical motivation, traditions that manifest themselves in home
construction; these being
the qualities of those who inspired me when I first became interested
in the 1960s.

It is within the confines of home construction and CW QSOs that the old
spirits that
made amateur radio are still to be found. Long may it be so.