Old July 24th 14, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default For shame!

It is a great pity that adult discussion within this NG is being steadily
eroded by those children who seem incapable of debating without
injecting nasty personal comments, either because of their habituation,
or else because they have an axe to grind over some personal grudge.

I moved over to this NG in part in order to escape the infantile antics
of many in uk.radio.amateur, as I believe have two or three before me,
but the deranged obsession of some from ura means that they
have followed me here.

I have been a subscriber to Usenet for 20 years, and in that time have never
been
the originator of unpleasant remarks and attitudes and have consistently
spoken up
for my support of the traditions of amateur radio, that of gentlemanly
conduct and
technical motivation, traditions that manifest themselves in home
construction; these being
the qualities of those who inspired me when I first became interested
in the 1960s.

It is within the confines of home construction and CW QSOs that the old
spirits that
made amateur radio are still to be found. Long may it be so.

Old July 27th 14, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:34:27 +0100, gareth wrote:

I moved over to this NG in part in order to escape the infantile antics
of many in uk.radio.amateur, as I believe have two or three before me,
but the deranged obsession of some from ura means that they have
followed me here.

It's clear that you are the chief instigator of the childish antics in URA
and now you're trying the same tricks here.

Go away, you're not welcome.

Old July 31st 14, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 7/24/2014 2:34 PM, gareth wrote:
It is a great pity that adult discussion within this NG is being steadily
eroded by those children who seem incapable of debating without
injecting nasty personal comments, either because of their habituation,
or else because they have an axe to grind over some personal grudge.

I'll second that opinion. I am often in s.e.d and the signal to noise
ratio is about 0dB there. Here it seems to be even worse. Heck, the
two more recent threads are both about the posters hating each other.

Geeze, what a bunch of people! There is some irony that one guy is
talking about getting the other guy booted out of amateur radio because
of what he posts here. Some of these people should look in the mirror.

Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

--

Rick
Old July 31st 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:10:08 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

It's only about four people spoiling this group and if no one quoted them
most of us would not know that the spoilers existed. I agree about sed
also ser, both very useful and on topic groups.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey

Old July 31st 14, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Wymsey" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:10:08 -0400, rickman wrote:
Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

It's only about four people spoiling this group and if no one quoted them
most of us would not know that the spoilers existed. I agree about sed
also ser, both very useful and on topic groups.

And how much better it was in the 1990s when it was just s.e before it
was split up into multiple groups!

Old July 31st 14, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

rickman wrote in :

Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

I do try. To be fair I just turned up and asked a question, which Michael
Black answered. I don't mind the fflame wars, I just won't go there. Only
thing that irks me is if I turn up and can't get an answer because everyone's
too musy flaming. That susks. Sure, people could berate me for 'ecpecting too
much', but actually it's not too much. If people DO see threads raging in
petty wars, and few if any answers to actual stuff, then the lack of actual
discussion of radio or electronics is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

To explore that a tad further (I've been on Usenet before ... One thing
that can happen is people pile in trying to answer a question because it's a
desparate effort to steer things back to some kind of purpose, but
competition between posters can result in a new outbreak of the old war. I
don't know how to fix that. I know what I do, but I can't make it work for
anyone else. For what it's worth, I go and make something, anything, just so
I don't feel like I'm part of something breaking.
Old July 31st 14, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 7/31/2014 12:31 PM, Wymsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:10:08 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

It's only about four people spoiling this group and if no one quoted them
most of us would not know that the spoilers existed. I agree about sed
also ser, both very useful and on topic groups.

I didn't see a smiley at the end of that last sentence.

--

Rick

It's a shame Burr[_2_] Shortwave 0 October 30th 08 10:17 PM
davy has no shame! [email protected] Policy 26 August 2nd 06 06:07 PM
a real shame JJ General 1 May 10th 06 05:31 PM
The shame of it all... John Shortwave 1 October 8th 04 09:20 PM
Shame on me yojimbo Shortwave 3 October 8th 04 08:47 AM