Old July 31st 14, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default For shame!

rickman wrote in :

Too bad there aren't people here who like to discuss amateur radio.

I do try. To be fair I just turned up and asked a question, which Michael
Black answered. I don't mind the fflame wars, I just won't go there. Only
thing that irks me is if I turn up and can't get an answer because everyone's
too musy flaming. That susks. Sure, people could berate me for 'ecpecting too
much', but actually it's not too much. If people DO see threads raging in
petty wars, and few if any answers to actual stuff, then the lack of actual
discussion of radio or electronics is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

To explore that a tad further (I've been on Usenet before ... One thing
that can happen is people pile in trying to answer a question because it's a
desparate effort to steer things back to some kind of purpose, but
competition between posters can result in a new outbreak of the old war. I
don't know how to fix that. I know what I do, but I can't make it work for
anyone else. For what it's worth, I go and make something, anything, just so
I don't feel like I'm part of something breaking.