Old October 30th 14, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
rickman rickman is offline

Default Loop Antenna at ~60 kHz

On 10/30/2014 2:01 PM, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
rickman wrote in :

The signal is PSK.

My sight isn't very good. That's Psk, not Fsk... Phase? What did I miss.
I've been hung up on the notion that this is an MSF time signal thing, and I
just looked at the spec for the UK one which is a simple switch on/off of a
carrier, so easy to detect efficiently. Yours is something else entirely, but
what? You may need to lay a lot more cards down before you find an answer you
can use, unless you hunt in the dark. (No reason not to, I usually do, on
most things I do, as the net usually makes some light at greatest need).

I have not studied the international time signals extensively, but I
believe they all use AM. The US located beacon added PSK a few years
back to make the signal easier to receive. The US is large enough that
reception is poor in some of the east coast areas. I am east coast and
would like to see just how much I can do to optimize the antenna to make
this work well.

--

Rick