Old November 22nd 14, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Dipoles, why height matters

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/22/2014 1:07 PM, wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/21/2014 8:56 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/21/2014 8:19 PM,
wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

I've also run dipoles - I got WAS on 75 meters from Iowa with an
inverted VEE running from 50' to near ground. And I had a strong signal
on the Iowa 75M SSB net.

I have lots of strong signal reports from around the country on 6M AM
running 3W into a 2 foot collapsible whip.

Of course it was at the height of sunspot cycle 19 and says NOTHING about
the effectiveness of the antenna.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your comment about a dipole on
75 meters. But you're too stoopid to understand that.

But it has EVERYTHING to do with your comment about WAS.

But you are so enraged about being correct you can not understand that.

Nope. It has NOTHING to do with a dipole on 75 meters - which is the
subject of this thread. You're just trying to derail the conversation
so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Strawman arguement in an attempt to deflect the arguement from your
WAS statements.

Once again you try to change the subject so that you don't have to admit
you are wrong. In case you haven't figured out - 6 meters and 80 meters
are two entirely different bands with completely different propagation
effects. Trying to tie the two together is just an attempt to deflect
the conversation.

Yet another strawman arguement; the pattern of a dipole expressed in
terms of wavelengths is the same at 3 MHz and 3 GHz.

And during sunspot peaks you get the same NVIS and skywave effects
at 6M.

And the whole point of the 6M statement was that QSL cards or WAS
awards say absolutely nothing about antenna patterns.

--
Jim Pennino