Old December 8th 14, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ross Archer[_3_] Ross Archer[_3_] is offline

Default 1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 6:53:16 AM UTC-8, dxAce wrote:
Ross Archer wrote:

1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz, very weak, using ECSSB recovery, not much more than a carrier hetrodyne and weakly-heard audio. Language sounds Asian but far too weak to guess which one.

There is probably only one choice, and that would be a clandestine, Voice of the People in Korean.

Thanks. I thought that might be it, but it was just strong enough to be sure it wasn't a spurious signal and not nearly strong enough to tell much else.

It's unusual for me to pick up much that far down indoors. Radio Nikkei (ne Radio Tanpa/Tampa?) on 3925 Khz was one of the few regular signals I can get indoors on 80/90 meters. I miss my high-altitude location with a T2FD from the late 90's. Townhomes suck. :P