Old December 7th 14, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz

1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz, very weak, using ECSSB recovery, not much more than a carrier hetrodyne and weakly-heard audio. Language sounds Asian but far too weak to guess which one.

SINPO 13111
Old December 7th 14, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ross Archer wrote:

1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz, very weak, using ECSSB recovery, not much more than a carrier hetrodyne and weakly-heard audio. Language sounds Asian but far too weak to guess which one.

There is probably only one choice, and that would be a clandestine, Voice of the People in Korean.

Old December 8th 14, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 6:53:16 AM UTC-8, dxAce wrote:
Ross Archer wrote:

1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz, very weak, using ECSSB recovery, not much more than a carrier hetrodyne and weakly-heard audio. Language sounds Asian but far too weak to guess which one.

There is probably only one choice, and that would be a clandestine, Voice of the People in Korean.

There's something extra-cool about picking up one of the anti-DPRK stations aimed over the border. A little more exciting that catching Radio Marti here.

Caught Pirate "Old Time Radio" (presumed) OTR on 6770 Khz AM at 0150 playing a Jack Benny Show. Not sure if it was a new episode or a rerun.
That was a joke in case anyone was wondering. Pretty sure NBC doesn't fund radio dramas anymore.

Old December 8th 14, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ross Archer wrote:

1435 UNID signal on 3480 Khz, very weak, using ECSSB recovery, not much more than a carrier hetrodyne and weakly-heard audio. Language sounds Asian but far too weak to guess which one.

There is probably only one choice, and that would be a clandestine, Voice of the People in Korean.

Thanks. I thought that might be it, but it was just strong enough to be sure it wasn't a spurious signal and not nearly strong enough to tell much else.

It's unusual for me to pick up much that far down indoors. Radio Nikkei (ne Radio Tanpa/Tampa?) on 3925 Khz was one of the few regular signals I can get indoors on 80/90 meters. I miss my high-altitude location with a T2FD from the late 90's. Townhomes suck. :P

UNID 6250 kHz Koikus Shortwave 1 February 17th 08 02:54 AM
UNID sound 6.955 usb Mark F. Shortwave 0 April 1st 07 06:48 PM
UNID signal 1.775.5 USB UJ Shortwave 0 June 4th 04 04:19 AM
I am getting an Unid on 4810 ChGeor9 Shortwave 3 April 10th 04 09:01 AM
Unid signal Tom Sevart Scanner 1 November 12th 03 09:36 PM