Old March 10th 15, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default Prototyping boards for "ugly" analog/RF circuits

I recently spent a bit of time laying out some general-purpose
prototyping boards, for building small analog and RF circuits in the
"ugly" and "Manhattan" traditions. They're similar to what you can
make by cutting isolated circular pads into a piece of double-sided PC
board stock using a core drill chucked in a Dremel...

Very nice, Dave! I think I'll order a few of these for my tronics
hacking. So the pads are, what, like 4 or 5 mm diameter?

If I recall correctly, the smaller board has 6mm pads with 1mm
between pads, and the larger board has 8mm pads with 2mm between
pads.

They aren't as "tight" as a small-scale Manhattan board... I decided
to err on the side of flexibility (plenty of room for several
component leads) and compatibility with my own fat fingers :-)