Old October 12th 15, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default 160m Dipole on 30M

In article ,
"R. Scott" wrote:

My 16Ø dipole (1Ø5 each leg and 75ft twin lead) wont tune 3Ø with auto
tuner on rig. Its fine on the other low bands I want to work (40/80/160)

Anyone know a way to help it tune ???? It tries and even finds a low SWR
of about 1.1 - 1 but then goes off into the sunset detunes and times
out.

R.-

Isn't 105 feet close to 30 Meters? That would make the feed point a
high impedance.

The twin lead acts like an impedance transformer. As a test, try adding
about 20 feet of twin lead, and see what changes.

Fred
K4DII