Old October 17th 15, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default PL259 (again)

"gareth" wrote in message

Drill out the holes. Center conductor should be easy to unsolder then if
you use a big enough gun/iron to heat it fast.

Of course, thank-you. Simple when you think of it, but I was envisaging
a difficult desoldering operation.

While I am thinking about it, it usually works beter if you can cut the
shield and dielectric back so you just have about an inch or so of the
center conductor sticking out the back. Put the pl259 in a vise and heat
the center pin and pull the center conductor out the back with some pliers.
The do the drill out the holes thing.

I don't often reuse old pl259s, and have gone to the crimp type now.