Old October 26th 15, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] maverick4410@gmail.com is offline

Default Locating empty underground conduit

Hi all.

I bought a house built in 2007 a few months ago. It has underground phone and power lines. The house is 650 ft from the road. I tried to have cable installed, and the installer verified that I do not have a cable line that runs to my house. Upon further inspection, I located an empty conduit at the house and an empty conduit at the street. Both have string lines for pulling in them. I've tried pulling the lines but they are stuck.

Charter communications agreed to have a company come out and inspect the line and flush it out of it was blocked. Unfortunately they ran into a problem. They pressurized both sides of the conduit to 350psi and there is no air leak.

Halfway between the house and street there is a power box and telephone tower junction box. The cable contractors seem to think that there must be a junction fortune empty conduit in the vicinity of the power / telephone boxes. They are about 325 ft from the house and street. They told me I need to locate the junction myself before they can run a cable line.

I have not been able to figure out a way to locate the junction myself. No rental company has a snake longer than 100ft and to hire a company to come out and run a jet line (recommended by the contractor) would cost $1,200.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to locate the underground junction? Im at a loss, without cable and wifi. My two little boys don't have Mickey Mouse Clubhouse anymore and they are bugging me hahaha. Thank you in advance for the ideas folks!

-Lost dad in CT. Aka Joe