Old November 24th 15, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default MC50 wiring

BillyBobMarley wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 12:10:42 AM UTC-5, Irv Finkleman wrote:
BillyBobMarley wrote:
I know this really isn't the appropriate newsgroup but I was wondering
if any of you good people have the wiring scheme for a Kenwood MC 50 to a Kenwood TS 520se transceiver ? Thanks in advance.

You can plug the MC50 plug directly into the TS-520
mic jack -- they are practically made for each other.
I ran the combo for quite a while way back when.
No wiring changes are required.

Irv VE6BP

I bought the mic off a guy at a club meet and it had a 6 pin plug on it
hence the rewiring inquiry . Thanks all for the help , hope to see ya'll further down the log when I attempt to install a 40 meter extended double zepp in my modest back yard in the springtime.

Ooops! Didn't consider the situation and that it had been modified.
If you send me your email address, or if the whax44 is valid and let me
know. I have the Kendood MC-50 Instruction Sheet and I'll send it
to you. I'll try the whax44 address as soon as I've sent
this off.

I've spent the last 18 months trying to get a signal off of
my balcony (I'm in a Senior's Residence with the rule that nothing can
hang over the railing that I cannot take in when I'm not operating).
That wouldn't be so bad except that my balcony forms the only open
side of what is all metallic surround i.e. am trying to get something
that will radiate from what is essentially a Faraday cage!! @#$@!
My motto in life is 'RADIATE OR DIE TRYING!'

Irv VE6BP