Old December 3rd 15, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David Ryeburn[_2_] David Ryeburn[_2_] is offline

Default Incorrect conclusion (Was: High power tuning caps?)

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Unfortunately, there's an alternative explanation for this phenomenon.
When Garth started this thread, he had three newsgroups in the
distribution:
Newsgroups: uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
However, when he replied to "Rambo" posting from one of these groups
in:

he deleted two of the groups leaving only rec.radio.amateur.antenna.
This automatically limited his audience, prevented anyone in the other
groups from replying, and may have made it appear that my presence
caused everyone else to run away.

In my case just the opposite occurred. Tired of reading nonsense from
the other side of the Atlantic Ocean I built a filter for the obsolete
but wonderful Mac newsreader MT-NewsWatcher which, when I read
rec.radio.amateur.antenna, automatically sends anything cross-posted to
uk.radio.amateur into the bit bucket. Some nights when I open
MT-NewsWatcher there will appear to be maybe 15 articles in rraa but
then there are instantaneously 0 articles when I open rraa within
MT-NewsWatcher, and I know what has happened. But now that the
uk.radio.amateur group has been deleted from the list of groups to which
he posts when he posts to rraa, I'm seeing some of the nonsense once
more. I guess I'll have to build a better filter. Keeping out some of
the good stuff people like you post when you in addition reply to him in
other posts (which I'd just as soon not see) will be a new challenge to
my filter-building ability.

There might be some good stuff in uk.radio.amateur too, and I'll have to
see if I can build a filter so that I can read that in MT-NewsWatcher,
minus of course things from a certain poster.

David, VE7EZM and AF7BZ

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, change "netz" to "net"