Old December 3rd 15, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Incorrect conclusion (Was: High power tuning caps?)

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Unfortunately, there's an alternative explanation for this phenomenon.
When Garth started this thread, he had three newsgroups in the
distribution:
Newsgroups: uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
However, when he replied to "Rambo" posting from one of these groups
in:

he deleted two of the groups leaving only rec.radio.amateur.antenna.
This automatically limited his audience, prevented anyone in the other
groups from replying, and may have made it appear that my presence
caused everyone else to run away.

In my case just the opposite occurred. Tired of reading nonsense from
the other side of the Atlantic Ocean I built a filter for the obsolete
but wonderful Mac newsreader MT-NewsWatcher which, when I read
rec.radio.amateur.antenna, automatically sends anything cross-posted to
uk.radio.amateur into the bit bucket. Some nights when I open
MT-NewsWatcher there will appear to be maybe 15 articles in rraa but
then there are instantaneously 0 articles when I open rraa within
MT-NewsWatcher, and I know what has happened. But now that the
uk.radio.amateur group has been deleted from the list of groups to which
he posts when he posts to rraa, I'm seeing some of the nonsense once
more. I guess I'll have to build a better filter. Keeping out some of
the good stuff people like you post when you in addition reply to him in
other posts (which I'd just as soon not see) will be a new challenge to
my filter-building ability.

There might be some good stuff in uk.radio.amateur too, and I'll have to
see if I can build a filter so that I can read that in MT-NewsWatcher,
minus of course things from a certain poster.

David, VE7EZM and AF7BZ

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, change "netz" to "net"
Old December 3rd 15, 07:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

David Ryeburn wrote:

There might be some good stuff in uk.radio.amateur too, and I'll have to
see if I can build a filter so that I can read that in MT-NewsWatcher,
minus of course things from a certain poster.

Alas, there is precious little useful or on-topic content posted to ukra.
Filtering out troublesome posters and threads will remove around 99% of all
messages.

Of course, this is a poor position for a newsgroup to be in and few, if
any, people are satisfied with the state of affairs. A proposal to create a
moderated uk.* ham group was put forward recently and is currently being
voted on. If you're interested, navigate to uk.net.news.config where you
will find the RFD and ensuing discussion thread(s), plus the CFV with
instructions on how to receive a ballot. Closing date is this Friday at
midnight GMT, so hurry if you wish to vote!

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old December 3rd 15, 11:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

En el artículo
et.hu, David Ryeburn escribió:

There might be some good stuff in uk.radio.amateur too

There isn't, I'm afraid. It's a cesspit, mainly as a result of the
behaviour of the person you refer to. However, there is currently a
discussion and a call for votes underway to create an alternative
moderated group, uk.radio.amateur.moderated, which, if successful, will
provide an alternative. The antics of the certain person that currently
make uk.radio.amateur unusable won't be allowed in uk.r.a.moderated.

cheers
Mike

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old December 3rd 15, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.net.news.config

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

My record in recent months, years, even has to been to speak up for the
technical and gentlemanly traditions of amateur radio, and I institute
several technical threads in pursuit of that aim, castigating offensive and
infantile
outbursts such as that of Tomlinson, as below.

Tomlinson's record in recent weeks has been to foment the very cesspit
against which he rails

"The antics of the certain person that currently
make uk.radio.amateur unusable won't be allowed in uk.r.a.moderated" is
most clearly
a self-referential remark by tomlinson that anyone who browses ura of recent
weeks must
surely agree with?