Old December 5th 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.config

Default Disrupting Usenet NGs

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015, Phil Kyle wrote:

On 05/12/15 12:16, Jimbo in the Borders ... wrote:

I admit it ....I wasn't beat up ...

I suggest ignoring Gareth for the rest of Dec. Not crowing about shunning, or
talking around him, just plain ignoring his posts.

YOu could just reply on topic, and then let the conversation go that way,
instead of it always turning to the usual ruckus.

Most threads he starts can be interpreted as on topic, and an excuse to
post something on topic. If others joined in, these places would be
better, but instead the usual crowd comes out and wants to "shun" him.

I've never looked in the UK newsgroup, all I see is when what happens
there falls out to the rec.radio.amateur.* hierarchy. Maybe there is a
real grievance, maybe not, but out here, I see people more interested in
attackhing him than talking about amateur radio.

Michael