Old August 27th 16, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Using RT Systems Software with FT-991

In article ,
Fred McKenzie wrote:

The RT Systems software worked well with the Yaesu FT-991 until I
installed the July 13 firmware update.

Now I can not upload my backup data to the FT-991. The radio becomes
unusable If I try. I can successfully upload only the channel data, but
it is a lot of work to manually change the various other parameters.

I installed the August 24 firmware updates to the FT-991. Before trying
the RT Systems software, I installed its recent update. There is still
a problem uploading "Menu" data along with Channel data to the radio.

It is necessary to perform a reset in order to get the radio to work
again after attempting the upload. After re-uploading just the
channels, the default Menu items can be quite a nuisance. For example,
some modes may have a default where the "MCH" channel selector function
changes to something else like Squelch level. As you step through
channels, you suddenly find yourself changing squelch level instead of
moving to the next channel!

Fred
K4DII