Old November 5th 03, 06:11 PM
Frank Krozel

I have both a FT-100 plain and a D....
I would make sure that you have a good "strap" ground connecting all.
Start at the antenna, go to the tuner then to the radio then to chassis.
In addition, use a very short lead for the radio ground, and go directly to
the battery for plus.
I have seen that the FT-100 is just a bit more susceptible to RF than my
Icom 706's but I did resolve my RF problem with proper grounding.
I run a big ugly bugcatcher and on top of that an 8' whip! Works
75/40/20/17 v-e-r-y well..
If I was Yaesu, I would fire HRO for such a statement. Perhaps that was
"just" the sales guy's spin, not HRO's statement.
Frank KG9H

"Roger Baldwin" wrote in message
Yaesu FT 100D installed in a Jeep Grand Cherokee with roof mounted
2m/70cm antenna and a mag mount for HamStick monoband antennas. I have
HamSticks for 10m, 20m, 40m and 75m. On 10 and 20 m, everything works
well. On both 40 and 75m, the transmitter trips on high SWR even though
an antenna analyzer shows SWR of 1.3 for both antennas. Folks at HRO say
that is typical of Yaesu equipment and have no suggestions. I've emailed
Yaesu but have not gotten a response.

Anyone here have any ideas on solutions?

Roger Baldwin
kg6ras