Old December 4th 16, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Using RT Systems Software with FT-991

In article ,
Fred McKenzie wrote:

Another firmware update, another RT Systems update. It seems to be
getting better. The funny behavior is still there after reloading the
RT Systems backup. However I discovered that by exercising various
functions, the radio starts working again. It may have been the
Clarifier function that made it work, I'm not sure.

Yet another update. The 12/2/16 firmware update added another squelch
option. After the update, reloading the RT Systems backup resulted in
all memory squelch settings being reset to None, although the tone
frequencies were still correct.

This presents an additional problem with C4FM channels that also had
tone settings programmed in FM mode prior to selecting the C4FM mode.
They will each need to be individually re-programmed and saved over the
old channel data. Otherwise the AMS feature may be receive-only.

Again, the radio could not be changed from VFO to Memory until much
fiddling around. This time it took much more trying different things
before it finally started to work. I think the only way to get around
this behavior, is to only upload RT Systems channel data back to the
radio.

Fred
K4DII