Old January 6th 05, 07:11 PM
Bob Miller

On 6 Jan 2005 06:54:32 -0800, wrote:

Can anyone tell me where I can find plans for building a great jpole
that is dual band and has a low swr?

Also, do you have to ground or use a balun with a jpole? I have seen
some plans that say you dont on their design.

http://www.qsl.net/ares_d24/jpole450.jpg has plans for a 450-ohm
ladderline j-pole which is designed for 2 meters, but also works on
440 mhz with low swr, probably at reduced efficiency, but mine still
works there, okay. (I don't use a balun.)

Do a Google search -- there's no shortage of plans for j-poles.

You can ground the "crook" of the j-pole if you wish, or not; works
either way.

You might also go to the web site for Arrow Antennas, and look at
their dual bander j-pole diagram, if you're handy with metal...

bob
k5qwg