Old January 7th 05, 01:53 PM
Simon Smith

Tom
I agree - Thankful for small mercies.....
John
"Tom" wrote in message
The good news is, the clerk is actually being rather helpful.
A less useful situation occurs when the clerk accepts anything
you deliver and then the council rejects the proposal due to
improper formatting.

-- Tom

"Simon Smith" wrote in message
Well, I today decided to make a start in trying to obtain planning
permission for my new Antenna - even though the "Permitted Development
Rights" have been removed from our small Village in the middle of nowhere
on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall -
First step was to fill in all four sets of application forms - the
truth - the whole truth and nothing but the truth !! Then out in the wind
and rain with a tape measure and try to measure up the length of the
garden - distance from the house to the proposed site of the Antenna -
Height of the house in relation to the height of the Antenna - and then
drawing. Four copies were needed. Next step. Try to find the digital
Camera and wait for the rain to stop before taking a photo of the
intended site. Lunch. Proceed to print photos - run out of ink. Install
new print cartridge - and finally manage to get the whole lot ready for
the "Council"
Proceed to Bodmin Council offices - where a nice young girl offered to
view my drawings before accepting them for consideration. The first
mistake I made was in using feet and inches. "Sorry - we only take
metric" So I now have to re-do them all again. Next mistake "We Don't
take them on graph paper" Third mistake was
"We need a picture of the "Ariel" Forth mistake was: "We need the
drawings to be to scale"
Did Marconi have all this trouble with the "Council" ?
Here I am - now trying to re-do everything - to some sort of Scale. Wife
moaning - Kids Moaning - cat climbing over all the drawings - Dog waiting
to be walked..... TV blaring out .... Ohhh happy days .... I think I am
going Crazy..... Beam me up Scottie........
To be Continued.........
John M3IIV