Old January 11th 16, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default Voice of Laryngitis

On Monday, January 11, 2016 at 6:15:01 AM UTC-6, Drifter wrote:
On 1/11/2016 4:13 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Which reminds me, there is a ham in Italy somewhere who uses an
artificial voice box. No not a complete electronic thing, but a device
that vibrates his throat so he can form words. Sounds a bit odd at
first of course as its monotone, but is quite unique.
Brian

"RF Collins" wrote in message
RF Collins wrote in news:7-SdnQtuMoVvew_LnZ2dnUU7-
:

Voice of Laryngitis 6955 kHz USB 2315 UTC.

Jim (MI)

S/off at 2321 UTC

ID'ed as Classic Pirate Radio Relay Service

As I had a laryngectomy, do to cancer, 4 years ago, I
have a stoma. I have a Servox- made by Servona of
Germany. I don't use it; I really don't like the
sound of it. It's also a pain to carry. I use a
prostheses made by Blom-Singer. So, when speaking
I use the "air-injection-method. I sound better than
the artificial larynx use does. But it's up to the
user, as to what is easier and sounds better to
yourself. I also sound much better on a phone; the
electronic-speech-aids can't be properly used on a
phone. The last place I would try one would be on
Ham. Any questions...

Drifter...

I have seen one or two people around here years and years ago who used a hand held device like that, similar to that. At Scott Air Force Base, Illinois there was a woman and her voice sounded exactly like a mans deep husky voice.It was her natural voice, she didn't need a speaking aid device.